Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tilapia Tostadas with Roasted Corn Relish


Colleen's Take: "I loved this recipe, I think I am really taking a new liking to Cooking Light Magazine, I might just have to get a subscription (I've been using old ones that I stole from my mom). First of all this recipe cost me 470 calories for two tacos, uhhhh score!! Second it was delish. My husband loved the chipotle sour cream. I loved the crunchy fish (can you tell I never fry anything?) & the corn relish, it was wonderful. This one did enter into our favorites/repeaters!)"
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1/4 cup green salsa (I used chipotle salsa)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 cup yellow corn kernels (I used frozen)
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper (I used green, didn't have red) 
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (I used yellow) 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper (I used pickled) 
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1 cup diced peeled avocado
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I used chipotle chili powder)
  • 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
  • 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
  • 1 cup packaged angel hair slaw
  • Lime wedges (optional)

Preparation

1. Combine sour cream and salsa.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove mixture from pan; wipe pan clean with paper towels. Combine avocado and juice; toss gently. Stir avocado mixture into corn mixture.
3. Preheat broiler.
4. Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place cornmeal in a shallow dish; dredge fish in cornmeal. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add half of fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn fish over; cook 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and fish.
5. Coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on baking sheets; broil 2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Place 2 tortillas on each of the 4 plates. Arrange 2 tablespoons slaw on each tortilla. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each serving with about 3 tablespoons corn relish and about 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.

Original source Cooking Light Magazine  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...