Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo- Rachael Ray


Annah: "I really enjoyed this recipe because it was really easy and I had most of the ingredients already in my cupboards. I think it is the chicken broth that helps to give this sauce more flavor then other alfredos I have made. I am not sure if I could really taste the sage so I would probably add more of it to the recipe. I was nervous when I made the alfredo because it was not thickening up in the 3 minutes it called for. I left it on the stove a little longer, but realized that by adding the parmesan cheese off the stove was what makes the sauce thicken. All and all it was super easy to throw together, and did not take a lot of time to make. I will for sure be adding this recipe to my list of quick dinners when I am in a hurry."
 Ingredients
  • ounces fettuccine
  • tablespoons EVOO
  • cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus small whole leaves for garnish
  • tablespoons flour
  • cup fat-free chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • pinch ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving

Directions

  1. In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the EVOO over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and chopped sage and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
  3. Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, milk, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
  4. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss. Stir in 3/4 cup parmesan. Top with the sage leaves and more parmesan.
4 Servings; Prep 10 Minutes; Cook 15 Minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...