Monday, June 4, 2012

Fiesta Chicken Dip

Colleen: "I'm not a big dip maker but I am trying to expand my horizons. Plus being a grown up now & trying to be a good Southern gal when I show up places (like someone's house for book club) I come with my hands full of food (learning that showing up empty handed comes off as a tad bit rude, down here in the South at least). Southern hospitality in full swing I brought this Fiesta Chicken Dip which everyone really enjoyed & would be great for those vegetarians (just omit the chicken)."

Ingredients:

  • 1 package (8oz)  cream cheese softened
  • 1 garlic clove, pressed (I used 3, I love garlic!)
  • 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend 
  • 3/4 cup medium thick & chunky salsa
  • 1 cup of topped cooked chicken
  • 1/4 cup of sliced pitted ripe olives
  • 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine garlic (which I sliced thinly) & cream cheese until mixed. Add cheese mix until blended well. Spread onto bottom of pan. 
  2. Spoon salsa over cheese. Sprinkle with chicken & olives. 
  3. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until dip is headed through and outside ege is bubbly. Sprinkle with Cilantro before serving, if desired. 
  4. Serve warm with chips. 
Yields 14 servings. (1/4 cup of dip 110 calories) 

Recipe Sourced from The Pampered Chef stoneware inspirations cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...