Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Strawberry Gelato

Colleen's Take: "I just had a birthday and my parents gifted me with an ice cream attachement for my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Of course, I couldn't wait to make something and I have a personal true love relationship with gelato so I used this recipe from epicurious.com and it was wonderful!"
Recipe:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 pound strawberries (about 1 pint)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon lightly beaten egg white

In a small heavy saucepan heat sugar and water over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool syrup.
Trim strawberries and in a food processor purée until smooth. Transfer 2 cups purée to a bowl, reserving remainder for another use, and stir in syrup and lemon juice. Chill strawberry mixture until cold and up to 1 day.
Stir in egg white and freeze in an ice-cream maker. Serve gelato immediately or transfer to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden no more than 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...