Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spiced French Toast- Rachael Ray


Annah's Take: "This Recipe is out of the April issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. I really enjoyed this recipe it is a fancier take on your usual french toast. There are a couple more spices in this version then french toast I generally make, but I enjoyed the stronger spice flavor. What really made this recipe stand out though is the bread. Challah or brioche bread is very sweet and delicious all on it's own, and it stands up even after being soaked in the egg mixture. This called for the french toast to be drizzled with honey, I tried it and didn't love it. I put syrup on it and it was much better. All in all I will be making this again and I would love to serve this for company that is staying with us."



Spiced French Toast

Serves 2


Ingredients4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
pinch salt
4 thick slices brioche
2 tablespoons butter
honey, for serving



DirectionsWhisk eggs, milk, vanilla, spices and salt. In a shallow dish, soak bread on both sides in egg mixture. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook bread until golden on both sides, 5 minutes. Drizzle with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...