Monday, May 7, 2012

Groovy Garbanzo Burgers


"Annah's take: I really enjoyed these burger patties. I haven't eaten meat in a long while so I wouldn't say that these taste like meat, but substantial and I dare say that I would eat these over the fake chicken patties you can buy at the store. My food processor was not large enough for all the ingredients. I tried it in the food processor first then just put it in a bowl and used a potato masher to mash them up.You can taste the beans and a little bit of the cumin, overall it is everything on the burger that makes it taste great. They were moist the first night, but as the days went on and they sat in the fridge they did become dry. I will be making these again. Great protein source for us vegetarians!"

Makes 4 ( Mine made 5)

Ingredients:
2 (15oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained {I used 2 cups of dry beans I had soaked overnight, follow directions on the bag}
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 tbsp EVOO
4 hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomato, and mayo for topping

In food processor, puree first 6 ingredients; form 4 patties. In skillet, heat EVOO over medium cook patties, 3 minutes per side. Serve on buns with toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...