Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Slow-Simmered Curried Chicken

Colleen's Take: "I loved this recipe, I have workout class at 4:30, 3 days a week so we have been revving up the old crock pot a lot lately. This recipe is excellent, I started it cooking at noon and it filled my house with smells of Indian cuisine which left me hungry all day! It tasted excellent, the only thing I would change is adding some peanuts or cashews. If you don't like your food too spicy I would omit the hot pepper flakes but we felt the spice was just right for our family. My husband & I gave this one an A+"
MAKES 4 SERVINGS

PREP TIME: 15-20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 5-6 HOURS (LOW), 2-3 (HIGH)

1 1/2 cups chopped onions 
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped 
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces 
1 cup medium salsa 
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon curry power 
3/4 teaspoon salt
Hot cooked rice



  1. Place onions and bell pepper in bottom of Crock-Pot slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine salsa, ginger, garlic power, and pepper flakes in small bowl; spoon over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours or until chicken is done. 
  2. Combine cilantro, sugar, curry power, & salt in small bowl. Stir mixture into Crock pot and cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until hot. Serve with rice. 
Reference Crock-Pot Cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...