Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fiesta Soup

"Annah's take: I enjoyed this soup. I loved that you could throw the raw veggies in and let them cook in the crock pot. I did not use chicken and instead added black beans and chick peas. I also added rice to add more sustenance. The soup was a little too spicy for me. The husband thought it was fine but I had to add a lot of cheese to cool it down. As a heads up I even used mild enchilada sauce, I think I would cut back on the chili powder. I forgot to buy the cilantro and it was ok without it, but I think it would have added a nice touch."
MAKES 8 SERVINGS
15 MINUTES PREP TIME

4 boneless skinless cooked chicken breasts, shredded
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained 
2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
1 can (28 oz) enchilada sauce 
1 can (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth
1 cup finely chopped onion2 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder 3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 yellow squash, diced
1 zucchini, diced
8 tostada shells, crumbled
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese 

Check out Colleen's attempt at this recipe too Chicken Fiesta Soup.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...