Friday, May 25, 2012

Lazy Stir Fry and Product Review

Lazy Stir Fry and Product Review {Annah}



This is a recipe I always go to when I come home tired from work. It is ready in about 30 minutes depending now how long it takes your oven and stove to warm up. I will call this meal semi-homemade, because I am adding ingredients to store bought products. I took the stir fry sauce mix from Rachel Ray's Cashew Vegetables recipe from her Veggie Meals cook book. The veggies in this recipe are similar to the ones in this bag. I would say mine is a time and money saving spin on her recipe.

I enjoy this birds eye stir fry bag the best because it has thin noddles in it, broccoli, water chestnuts, green beans, red peppers and carrots. The stir fry does not come with any flavor packets. For Tyler and I it makes about 3 servings, I usually eat a lot because the veggies don't fill me up. This goes well with brown or white rice, I use whatever I have on hand.

The Ling Ling spring rolls I purchase at our wholesale store BJ's. They are vegetarian and come with a delicious sweet chili sauce. They can be made in the microwave which I don't recommend because they come out soggy or in the oven and they will come out crispy. Since the veggies from the stir fry don't fill me up I like that the spring rolls add substance probably not the healthiest thing. They always say everything in moderation though right!
  
            Directions
  • Basically just follow the instructions on the back of the packages
  • The spring rolls go into the oven for about 10 minutes
  • The stir fry goes into a saute pan for I think 8 minutes
  • The rice is made in a sauce pan, boil water pour in the rice simmer for 20 minutes
  • Once the veggies are cooked add
  • 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce for every
  • 2 tablespoons of sweet and sour or duck sauce
  • Let the two sauces combine with the veggies at medium to low heat for about 4 minutes
  • Then serve the veggies over top of your rice
  • Sit down and enjoy a kind of healthy quick to make meal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...