Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes {Annah}


I Love breakfast for dinner. I got two pounds of blueberries for free Woo Hoo, and I knew exactly what I was going to make with them, blueberry pancakes. I will admit I usually use a Bisquick mix or pancake mix when I make regular pancakes. There is no better time then today to make from scratch blueberry pancakes! 

We both really enjoyed these pancakes, the flavor was delicious. As you know from past post I am particular about textures of food. The flavor of these pancakes were spot on, but the texture was a little off. I enjoy soft fluffy cakes and these were a little more chewy/dense. Tyler thought I was crazy and thought that they were great the way they were. I guess I am a little bit of a pancake snob because I grew up with my dad making pancakes that were always delicious and fluffy.

If you have a large amount of blueberries I highly recommend making these.

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen, thawed

Preparation:

In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; set aside.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Beat egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl; add milk and melted butter. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients; mix until batter is smooth and stir in blueberries. Fold in beaten egg whites. Bake on hot greased griddle.
Makes 12 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...