Monday, August 27, 2012

Easy Homemade Applesauce {Annah}


My friend brought me over some produce, and I decided to make applesauce! I have never done this before so I was very excited to try it!

It could not have been easier, throw everything in to a pot let it cook, mash, and cool. I am not completely sure what kind of apples I used, but they were large and a light pink color. This is a chunkier applesauce then what you would buy at the store. It was more like apple pie filing, but let me tell you it taste just like pie filling. It is delightful, the cinnamon and sugar mixture is perfect. Tyler thought that I should make a pie out of it, but why make a good thing more unhealthy! 

If you have a few apples to spare I would make a batch of this. Be careful not to cook it too long. I left mine on the stove for about 35 minutes and it burned the bottom of my pan, because all the liquid had evaporated.

Easy Homemade Applesauce
 
Ingredients
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions
In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.

Refrigerate until ready to serve

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good idea for a way to use up less-than-perfect apples! I've never tried making applesauce, but you've inspired me to do so. It seems like slightly less work than making an apple pie or crisp, and it looks delightfully simple!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...