Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Curried Lentils {Annah}

  
I have made this once before, and I remember liking it alot better then this time around. It had ok flavor, but this time it just seemed plain and bland. I do love that you can throw everything in the Crockpot and it is ready when you are. The last time I made this it was January and in the dead of winter. Maybe that is what made it taste so good.
 
If you enjoy curry, I would recommend trying this recipe. I wont be making in the next month, but I might try this again come December.
 
Serves 6
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups lentils
  • 8-10 cups low sodium vegetable stock
  • 2 tablespoons curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili flakes
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 cups baby carrots or 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into big chunks
  • 6 small potatoes, quartered
  • salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:

Place lentils, stock, curry powder, chili flakes, fresh ginger, onion, garlic, carrots and potatoes in a slow cooker.

Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low, or until lentils are cooked and carrots and potatoes are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Original recipe from  Meatless Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...